Friday, November 8, 2013

670 Relationship Between Technology Planning and Strategic Planning



It seems to me that a school's technology plan and strategic plan should be aligned and support one another. A strategic plan should answer the question "What do we do?" and include the goals of the school. A technology plan should explain how we will use technology to help meet those goals. The technology plan is the map of where the school is heading and the strategic plan explains the why you would want to head there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_planning

3 comments:

  1. Nice comic. I agree with you, I think a tech plan should describe how to use technology in such a way that moves students closer to strategic goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you find that the plans you compared are aligned and support one another? I feel that one is only a clearinghouse while the other is where all the real planning comes into play. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate that your explanation is how strategy is the "why" in the "how" of the technology plan. It is often to overlook one or the other. We may have wonderful tools-- but why? What is the main goal. My glogster mainly high-lighted brain plasticity and why it's important to take advantage of developmental stages in the lives of our students... but why? To create a super race? To provide the students more options for their future professions? Happiness?... I'm not really sure.

    ReplyDelete