I liked Matt's analogy on his video, also enjoyed the iMovie, must try that in the future. Being that we are evaluating the same plan I brought to light the technology plan hidden within the technology plan document. Unfortunately, that mini technology plan only referred to, and explicitly stated so, the computer recycling of the district. It seems the district lost track of what they were creating some where along the way. I suggested maybe a renaming of either part would lead to less confusion.
Tiffany's shared link on her glogster really got me thinking? Are a strategic and technology plan just a duplication of each other? If the strategic plan is to state who we are and where we are going, can we not just assume since we are heading into the future that technology is going to be involved? Instead of two distinct plans, the technology plan covers the goals and how to with technology, but is there really a plan that won't include tech? Maybe that's where my district got lost on their naming of their plan.
Also it's helpful to think that planning is really just a guide, we know technology is always changing, we need to be flexible and willing to adapt instead of following a document that seems written in stone.
Thomas pointed out that creating his comic helped get his creative juices flowing and I completely agreed. I wasn't sure what direction I was going until I sat down and just started to work on my comic. Just picking my character sparked a bunch of ideas. The creative nature of this week's post took more time but definitely allowed me to formulate more complete thoughts on the topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment