Sunday, September 29, 2013

Reflection Week 4

It seems this week that I was the one doing all the learning. Every blog I read contributed to my own learning and helped me better define my own mentoring project. Thank you classmates!
Ginger reminded me of another great resource for one iPad in the classroom...Pinterest. I use that site all the time for personal reasons but have never looked for professional items on it. I am thrilled to have been guided to this huge collection of possible apps! Tracie's comment helped me better organize my interactions with my mentee. Her comment on my blog gave me direction and then the Collaboration Assessment Log on her own blog gave me specific questions to ask during our interactions:
What is working?
What are your current challenges?
What are our next steps?
How can I support her?
Finally, Karen's guidelines for a mentor on her blog put my role into perspective. "Mentor's don't manage, they guide." I was having difficulty determining boundaries for what I was to contribute and what would be for my mentee to work through. I now have a better idea of what I will provide and when to back off.

No comments:

Post a Comment