Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Final Reflection

Overall, I got a sense of how key mentoring can be to getting technology in the classrooms. Another avenue to get teachers exposed to the tools available, even if admin isn't in support (poor Heather).
Heather and her mentor showed exemplary flexibility in dealing with the lack of support from their district tech person. A value I realized is key when working with technology. Things fail, the internet goes down, installations don't happen on time. It is important to have a 'go with the flow', flexible attitude so you can move forward instead of getting bogged down and quitting.
Jonathan experienced another road block I hadn't thought of, knowing the basics before introducing technology tools. I can only imagine as I struggled through my first year of teaching how much more stressed I had been if I had to also implement new technology! It seems either the technology or subject basics must be solid before adding one or the other. It would be ideal to use technology as you initially create your lessons but if those tech skills aren't already there it becomes too much and needs to be implemented once a foundation is in place.
Barbra continued to astound me with her knowledge. How does one become so proficient at data analysis? I was in awe of her helpful feedback on so many blogs. I made a plea to her via twitter to share some resources and sites to this newbie!
I loved Ginger's presentation and realized I need variety and movement to keep my attention. Her slides, font, and tone of voice kept me engaged from beginning to end. Something to keep in mind as I work on future presentations as a teacher and a student. She took me full circle to TLAP: hook, engage, layer.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words Andrea! It's really practice and feedback and more practice. I'm grateful to all my PLN peeps who patiently give me feedback. They've helped me so much. I am trying to be just as helpful to others. You know, passing it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's really appreciated!! Thanks and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete